INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you provide it on our websites, through email and social media channels, at our events, through surveys, via text messages or on the telephone. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
- username and password;
- payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- purchase and transaction information;
- customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments, and repair history);
- photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, marital status, demographics, and experiences with our products and contact preferences;
- contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact; and
- information we may obtain from our third-party service providers.
In addition, when you visit our websites, open our emails, or interact with The Good Collective Inc-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits. A "cookie" is a file that websites send to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain "clickstream data," which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our websites (and apps), such as Facebook "Like" buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Good Collective Inc is not responsible for these providers' information practices.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information described above to:
- provide products and services to you;
- process your payments;
- create and manage your account;
- send you promotional materials and other communications;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- respond to your inquiries;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- verify your identity;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users' visits to our websites (and apps), (ii) delivering content tailored to our users' interests and the manner in which our users browse our websites (and apps), and (iii) managing our websites, (and apps) and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We may use third-party analytics services on our websites (and apps), such as those of Google Analytics and Facebook. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our websites (and apps). The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the website or app.
You may see certain ads on other websites because we may engage third-party ad buying networks (such as Facebook or Instagram, Rubicon and Twitter). Through such buying networks, we can target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. We can track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs, pixels and web beacons. The networks use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve The Good Collective Inc advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our websites and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using your information for interest-based advertising.
WHAT PURPOSES DO COOKIES SERVE?
1. Cookies Support Basic Website Functionality: Some cookies are functional and necessary cookies that support essential features of our website, such as storing your shopping cart selections while you continue to shop and navigate to different pages of our website.
2. Cookies Can Help Improve the Quality of Our Website and Services: Cookies collect information (including sometimes IP address) to assess how you use our website, so that we can improve the navigability of our site and provide you with better service. We use this information to:
- Provide aggregate and anonymous statistics on how our site is used;
- See how effective our advertisements are by identifying where you click and from which website you arrived;
- Provide feedback to carefully selected third party partners that one of our visitors also visited their website;
- Help us improve the site by capturing errors in your browsing experience.
- Provide you with improved site functionality by allowing access to additional services or restoring your shopping bag if you wish to return on a subsequent browsing session.
3. Cookies May Share Information With Our Carefully Chosen Third-Party Partners: Third-party cookies may share information with partners to provide services on our site. The information shared is only to be used to provide the service or function (such as social media “like” and “share” buttons). Certain third-party cookies can be used to offer a customized user experience, by providing you with interest-based services (see “Interest-Based Advertising”) both on this site and on some other websites as well. Some of these customized browsing experiences may be linked to services provided by third parties which provide these services to recognize that you have visited our site. This information is used to inform you of The Good Collective Inc products and services which may be of interest to you. These cookies may also link to social media networks such as Facebook or provide advertising agencies with information about your visit so that they can present you with advertisements for The Good Collective products and services which may be of interest to you.
MANAGING YOUR COOKIE PREFERENCES:
To manage all cookies on our site, including those that are served by us, you can change your browser settings. For additional information on how to manage all cookies please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note that disabling, blocking or deleting cookies in your browser settings may impact your ability to fully use our website.
Please see our Privacy Notice for further details about what information we collect and how we use any personal information you give us, however not all information captured by using cookies will identify you.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Subject to certain limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
LINKS TO NON-TGC SITES AND SERVICES
For your convenience and information, our websites (and apps) may provide links to non-TGC sites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with The Good Collective Inc. These companies may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. Our products and services also may be made available to you through third-party platforms (such as providers of app stores) or through other third-party channels. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-TGC sites, apps or services.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you would like us to update information we have about you, your preferences, or have your information removed from our system, please contact us by email at email@example.com. If you have any questions or comments about this Global Privacy Notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may write to:
The Good Collective, Inc.
824 L Street, #6
Arcata, CA 95521